Monday 8 November 2010

My Last Day at Orcheton

Today was my last day at Orcheton! I couldn't believe that the last two weeks had gone so quickly. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Since we had done some pretty heavy work yesterday, today had a more relaxed vibe, and we were all just pottering around. Barry and Leah were finishing off the door and extras for the compost toilet and Corina and myself decided to clear the covered area linking the house to the workshop. This was the usual dumping ground for everything, so it was incredibly satisfying for me to clear all the stuff away and sort all the remaining bits. (My cleaning obsession is still healthy then!)

After we worked away, we set off for the cinema, having decided a few days ago that it would be good to get away and have a change of scene. Sadly, we had to leave Lola the dog but we made sure we wouldn't be too long away.
When we got to Kingsbridge we all had a mooch around. Since starting my travelling, I've suddenly become far more appreciative of charity shops, (and trust me, I was already very appreciative of them before, living above one for two years at uni). When you are no longer earning any money and living in the countryside, it doesn't really matter what you look like and what you wear, so when I saw a nice (and useful) top for £1, I thought...now, that's pretty good. Leah found some trainers for under a fiver, and Barry grabbed some trousers for less than £3. So we all got what we needed for far less than brand new, with no cost to the environment, and giving to charity at the same time. My conclusion? Charity Shops: visit yours today!

After the cinema, we admittedly pigged out on take away pizzas, (shocking but you can't be good all the time) and then we headed back home. As it was the last night for Corina and me, we thought that it would be fun to make a fire outside and sit around, play some music and sing along. Barry kindly provided the live music and his own compositions, (which we all loved by the way) and it was great to sit outside and just be. That evening was exactly how I'd hoped my wwoofing time would be...fire, music, good people around me. Perfect and a great finish to the time at John's. 
The next morning was a flurry of exchanged emails and promises to stay in touch, before the long drive to Lewes for Bonfire Night. I was dropping off Corina at Brighton on the way, (save fuel: car share!) and the journey was long, complicated by someone rear ending me at a roundabout! No one was hurt, apart from my car...*sniff*
I finally arrived at Lewes after a sea mist filled journey, all ready for the Lewes Bonfire Spectacular....but that's another story...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment