Sunday 13 March 2011

Hello Scotland!

Hello All! I'm broadcasting live from Loch Doon!

So, I have already broken my Lent plan of updating every day....oops! But I was very busy trying to fit everything in before I left! 

The journey here went really well, I set off at 11am and arrived around 3:30pm. I dread to think how many miles I've done though, around 200 maybe? However, the views on the way here more than made up for it! First there was the Yorkshire Dales, which were simply stunning. Then past Dumfries, it was just so beautiful! Granted, as soon as I got into Scotland, the bright sunny day turned into a bright cloud filled sky, with more rain, but the lochs I passed made up for it!

Even though I'd looked on a map, I nearly missed the turning to the loch. It's actually part of the Galloway Forest Park and the drive around to the farm was stunning. I know I'm using a lot of hyperbolic language, but it is so totally justified! I'll try and take some photographs tomorrow and upload them because it's breath-taking. 

So I turned up on Geoff and Jane's doorstep and introduced myself. They were very welcoming and I was soon settled in a chair with a cup of tea, (having had to move the cat basket onto the sofa, (sorry Parsley!)). After a brief chat I was shown where I would be sleeping and it's lovely.
I'm up in the attic, which has been converted so I have my own bathroom and the view in my bedroom is of the loch and the hills behind. Bliss. I also even have an electric blanket! And Parsley came to see how I was settling in, giving everything a good sniff!

Jane then showed me around the land they have...it's a house surrounded by three fields, in which they grow some willow, although most is bought from a supplier in Somerset! They also have a polytunnel and a small forest garden. The field behind also has a stream running through it...very idyllic! 

This evening so far I've pottered, mainly reading in the main room, (wood stove) and though I have offered to help, Geoff and Jane have been preparing supper, (and it smells great!) I thought I'd pop upstairs to quickly type this up and pop it for you.
I know a few have tried texting me...I do get reception but only upstairs it seems....So I have arrived and am very happy here! I wish I could share it all with you....I shall try to get some photos tomorrow!
For now though, I shall go and feel smug having uploading this, via my phone's internet connection but using my laptop...OOooOOOoOOoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment